Sunday, November 26, 2006

Thanksgiving Vitamins

Thanksgiving morning, I was outside cutting Aaron's hair. I came in after about 3 minutes because I forgot the water bottle. The boys were reading on the couch as I walked by to go down the hall. I noticed that my hall closet was almost entirely torn apart! About 10 towels that were folded neatly on a shelf were all over the floor. I immediately went on a hunt for Brooklyn wondering what she had gotten into. I found her in the boys room with the economy size bottle of children's Flinstone vitamins. She had got the child proof lid off, had a pile of about 40 infront of her and was eating them one right after the other as if they were candy! I quickly read the label which said "WARNING: Accidental overdose of iron-containing products is a leading cause of fatal poisoning in children under 6." Of course, I buy the ones with iron! Well, fortunately way back when I was a first time Mother, I prepared myself for anything! I had a bottle of ipecac syrup at the back of my medicine shelf! We quickly gave her the syrup to induce vomitting. ...which she did 3 times before it was over! You know, I REALLY thought that when I had a girl it would be a little less "exciting" than my boys. What was I thinking?!?!? ..She sure keeps us on our toes!!!

No comments: