Monday, April 09, 2007

What a BIG girl!!

My friend gave me the idea to buy Brooklyn a new toy when she threw away her binkies. We were at Walmart a few weeks ago and she found the "baby" of her dreams...the "big" baby she calls it. She wanted it so bad, she said she would throw her binkies away. I told her that she would have to throw her binkies away and THEN we would come back and buy the baby. When we got home, she went on her own and gathered up all the binkies she found in her room. She walked into the kitchen (I was peeking in, watching her). She opened the garbage can, put a binky in her mouth and spit it into the garbage. "Bye-bye binky" she said, and then put the next one in her mouth. She spit that one out..."bye-bye binky", and so on until all her binkies were in the garbage. That was all fine and good until 9pm! After about an hour of thinking of EVERYTHING she could think of to get out of bed (did I mention that this was the week we decided to potty-train her?!?!?! ...of course she had to get of bed to go potty, get a drink, get an ice-pack, etc, etc) THEN I hear "I want my binky"!!! I kindly remind her that she chose to throw them away, but that was ok because first thing in the morning we would go back to Walmart and buy the "big baby". I hear about the saddest cry I have ever heard and then she yells, "I don't want the big baby, I want my binky"!!!! She finally cried herself to sleep about 11pm. The next day we bought the baby and as you can see Brooklyn was SO tired, she fell asleep on the way home! So in about a month's time, she lost her crib, diapers and binky! She thinks she is so big...just ask her!!

No comments: