On a Saturday, the 1st of May, a day filled with 4 soccer games, 2 swimming lessons and 7 kids to take care of, Brooklyn took a flying leap off of the swing in our backyard! She jumped up as soon as she fell and told Jacob to get Dad because she knew she broke her arm. Our neighbor witnessed the fall and told her that she would be crying and it would really hurt if she broke her arm! As soon as she saw her Dad, the tears came. I walked in the door 5 minutes later and she was still crying. Brooklyn is not a 'cryer', so I KNEW she must have broken her arm. I didn't even look at it. I had Aaron load her up in my car and away we went to the ER. It wasn't until they got her to radiology and had her turn her arm for one of the pictures that I REALLY knew her arm was broken! So, they splinted it and we went to see a friend of ours who is an orthaepedic surgeon, on the following Monday. At first they weren't sure if she needed surgery, so she wasn't allowed to eat or drink anything that day. After it was determined that it did not need "set" in surgery, we busted out the candy I had in my purse for her to eat! Then Dr. Jamieson was the first person to sign her pretty pink cast. She had her cast on for 6 weeks. She complained once or twice about her arm being itchy, but that's about it. She even got to be pretty good at writing with her left hand! She was a trooper.

No comments:
Post a Comment