
We had a great trip. We really enjoyed being with family but we were ready to come home and see Aaron. My Dad drove us down to Spokane to catch our flight. He helped me carry my bags into the airport. Just as the lady told me to repack my bags, since one of them was 51 pounds and the weight limit is 50 pounds, my Dad ran out the door to talk himself out of ticket for leaving his car parked outside the door! Just as I finished repacking my bag, the lady asked me for my ID again, which somehow I misplaced while I was repacking the bags that just got sent away! I did end up finding it in my purse and we were off...to security! That is quite a show for a mother with a 9, 7 and 3 year old, a laptop, a purse and 3 backpacks, 4 pairs of shoes, 3 hoodies and 2 belts! AND the jerk working security gave me a hard time that my Driver License expires soon..."cutting it close" he said. I politely reminded him that it doesn't expire for another month and I remember when my birthday is! Again, on the way home we went throught SLC to get to Chicago. In Chicago we had McDonald's for dinner where Chandler tripped and spilled his entire 20 oz. Sprite on Brooklyn and I. We got to Detroit at midnight to find that they had lost MY suitcase and Brooklyn's car seat. I was at work a few hours later with NO makeup and jet-lagged as could be!! 45 min after I got out of work, I had to have both boys changed, fed and to soccer practice in the most miserably humid day of the year. It was such a stressful day, I spent the next day on the couch with the flu. Back to reality!!! It is nice to be together as a family again though. We missed Aaron a lot.
No comments:
Post a Comment